Thursday, March 09, 2006

Eddy Curry

I have been searching the recesses of my mind to find a player that Eddy Curry reminds me of. Bingo, Steve Johnson. http://www.basketball-reference.com/labs/comp.cgi?I=curryed01%3AEddy+Curry&y1=&C=johnsst03%3ASteve+Johnson&y2=&s=r&t=m&submit=Compare. Both guys have a history of being very good offensive shooters, can't jump, can't rebound, play terrible defense, and would foul out every game if you tried to play them over 30 minutes a night. Curry's assist-to-turnover ratio this year? Almost 10 TOs for every assist. 14 assist, 137 TOs. So, having played against Steve Johnson, one would think that Isiah would have maybe remembered that it isn't worth 2 #1s to trade for a Steve Johnson with a heart problem. I guess not....

1 comment:

K said...

Beleive it or not, some people in Chicago still critize Paxson for trading Curry!! At least Paxson didn't trade Elton Brand for the rights to Tyson Chandler.