Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Grinds My Gears #10 -- Phil Jackson's Face





I was put in mind today of the great Peter Griffin rant about Lindsay Lohan:



You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You’re a... You’re out there jumping around and I’m just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you’re trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I’ll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.



So, in keeping with the tone of that worthless yet humorous rant, I thought I would try to put together 10 off the top of my head:



10. You know what grinds my gears? Phil Jackson's face -- beard, then huge beard, now NO BEARD!! And why does he now look 40? What the hell is that? And why is he so smirky? Smirk on, Mr......Smirky. Cuz ooh, I coached Shaq and Michael! Ooh, managed to win titles with two of the best 10 players of all time. Oooh. Get your beard back and put away the smirk.



That's what grinds my gears.

4 comments:

Al Swearengen said...

Uh, what about Steve Spurrier's face?

HM said...

Spurrier won at Duke....while I was there. He can act or look any way he wants, he significantly bettered 2 years of my life.

Anonymous said...

By that logic, can Anthony Dilweg also do no wrong? PAR

HM said...

You are a Packers fan -- you tell me.

Don M. -- The Magic Man
Blair Keil -- The Sorcerer
Dilweg -- The Wizard

When Steve Sloan was coaching Duke, I saw Dilweg throw two passes on fake punts when he was Duke's punter and immediately said, "he should be starting over Steve Slayden." Throws for 4,000 yards with Spurrier as coach.