Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Grinds My Gears #8 -- The Local News


You know what really grinds my gears? The local news. Yeah, I didn't know until today that there was a fire 18 miles across town. But I will sure as heck have known it by 12:01, and 5:01, and again at 6:01 and now at 9:01 and 10:01. Do I really need to know that someone from the worst part of north Minneapolis got shot today in a gang-related incident? And do I need to know it five times in 10 hours? It's like, "Hey man, there were 25 killings today on the North side!" No man, there were five and you got to see them 5 times. And also -- why don't hire female anchors purely on looks anymore?

So that is what really grinds my gears.

1 comment:

Al Swearengen said...

If the Ol' Battle Axe speaks, you know it's important.