1) You selected Jonny Flynn with the 6th pick in the NBA draft – you signed Luke Ridnour to a 4 year deal in the 2009-10 off season and you say you are bringing Ricky Rubio to Minnesota next year. Do you believe Ridnour, Rubio or Flynn will be the 3rd string point guard next year?
2) Generally, bosses have expectations for employees and will fire employees who consistently fail to meet those expectations. Do you have any set expectations for Kurt Rambis? If so, what are they? Is there anything he could do or not do that would cause him to be fired?
3) Ultimately an NBA head basketball coach can be a good coach in two ways – a) he excels at X’s and O’s and people admire his offensive and/or defensive strategy; and/or b) he gets his teams to play extremely hard for him on a regular basis. Do you believe that Kurt Rambis fits either of those two categories?
4) Why are the Timberwolves such a bad defensive team? Whose fault is that?
5) Since the Timberwolves have never been good at attracting free agents, have you been attempting to acquire through trades veteran players who are already under contract? If so, what positions have you been targeting?
6) Of these four players, who has enjoyed the least success as a pro – Stephon Curry, Ty Lawson, DeMar DeRozen or Jonny Flynn? Explain why you drafted a 5’10” point guard who cannot dribble – did you ever attend a Jonny Flynn game live before you drafted him?
7) Do you believe that it is any part of a coach’s job to help motivate young players?
8) Have you considered the nightmare scenario where the Clippers would get our pick in 2012 and it would be the #1 pick in the draft. Have you had any discussion with the Clippers about trades that would avoid that nightmare scenario?
9) If Kevin Love demands a $100 million max contract to stay in Minnesota, would the Wolves immediately make him that max offer or try to trade him?
10) In the off season you added 4 starters who didn’t start the season in 2009-10 (Darko, Beasley, Wes Johnson, Ridnour). And you also added Pekovic and Tolliver and Webster. If the Wolves go from 15 to 20 wins, would that be consistent with your expectations when you made these moves. If not, is it the players who have performed below expectation, the coach, or both?