Saturday, May 21, 2011

More Orbitz customer service

So I tell my ZIP Code. "ok, I will call Delta and see what I can do. I will put you on hold". So why did I call orbitz if they have to call Delta? Well they probably have a hot line to delta. I will get better customer service.

3, 5, 10 minutes -- comes back -- "yes sir - I Am still on hold with Delta". Arg. 20 minutes on hold.

"your flight is on time. I cannot change it". No sir. It is canceled. "it shows as being confirmed and on time". It is canceled - the airport terminals are closed.

"well, it shows as confirmed and on time". It is canceled.

"well, I can put you on a 315 flight on standby". (it is 305).

Can't you rebook me?

"you can buy a new ticket. Would you like to buys new ticket?". You are kidding - right?

"no sir. You have an on-time confirmed flight. There is nothing I can do"

I hang up.

3 minutes later - call "this is orbitz automated service. Your 305 pm flight to Buffalo. Has been canceled.".

Wow.

1 comment:

Al Swearengen said...

Have I taught you nothing about consumer terrorism?