Friday, December 30, 2011
Wait, this means she will have a reason to get even HOTTER looking!?!??!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2012&year_max=2012&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=per&c1comp=lt&c1val=8&c2stat=mp&c2comp=gt&c2val=40&c3stat=off_rtg&c3comp=lt&c3val=90&c4stat=def_rtg&c4comp=gt&c4val=110&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=wsNote -- 3 Celtics.
How about JRich's NEGATIVE 50 spread between offense and defense!?!? Steve Nash -- not playing well, to say the least. And I am sure the Pistons are ecstatic that they paid Tayshaun Prince all that guaranteed money.
The Celts are playing Sasha Pavlovic in his place. Similar players to Sasha Pavlovic:
His PER is 40.5 and James' is 40.8. James is shooting almost 60%.
Note to Eric Spoelstra -- you cannot play LeBron James 39 minutes to get a one point win over Charlotte in December. You eventually are gonna kill the guy. He is 6'8" and weighs 255 lbs. He should not be playing 39 minutes in a road game with Charlotte. Now is the time to find and build a bench.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Mitt has to like the fact that he is running a strong second to a guy who is 76 years old and who is a complete crackpot on certain issues (he is also completely at odds with GOP leadership on military issues).
What he cannot enjoy is 1) the fact that he just cannot clear 20% support; and 2) the idea that some actual possible white male candidates (Perry, Santorum)might be able to vault up to, say, 3rd place and actually present a viable option for GOP southern voters.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
It has been done only 45 times since 1987
If you sort by active players, these stats have been reached in a game only 18 times:
Dirk - 1
Amare - 1
Kobe, Vince and Wade - 2 each
TMac - 4
LeBron - 6
LeBron put up his 37/10/6/2/2 in 36 minutes, which was done before....one time, by Hakeem Olajuwon on April 6, 1993.
LeBron's current PER -- 46.2
LeBron led the league last year in PER at 27.3, and the highest full-season PER I can find is Wilt at 31.8, followed by Jordan and LeBron at 31.7. So yeah, pretty awesome game.
This Romney achievement, as we all know, is the basis for the individual mandate under ObamaCare (which Gingrich supported in 1993, in 2006, and which -- though no one seems to notice -- he included as a requirement in his plan for Church-going illegal immigrants to stay in the U.S. (that they needed to purchase health insurance)).
Hard to understand why the handsome and arrogant Romney is unpalatable while the fat, arrogant Gingrich is the flavor of the month.
It's been 7 hours and 18 days.......now I'll throw your ring away....
7. Mars Needs Moms
> Company: Disney
Following the release of Avatar in 2009, Hollywood had a new cash cow in the form of 3-D films. This all changed with the release of director Simon Wells’s Mars Needs Moms — a flop of epic proportions. Disney (NYSE: DIS), of course, was expecting another hit. The film cost $175 million to make. In its opening weekend it brought in just $6.9 million. According to movie data website The Numbers, Mars Needs Moms lost an estimated $130 million in worldwide gross sales, the biggest money loser of all time. Journalist Brooks Barnes wrote in the New York Times, “In the movie business, sometimes a flop is just a flop. Then there are misses so disastrous that they send signals to broad swaths of Hollywood.” Mars Needs Moms signaled that the market has become saturated and that digitally animated family films are not the sure thing they once were.
Monday, December 26, 2011
Friday, December 23, 2011
We have three brackets:
The Brad Pitt Bracket (Aniston, Jolie, Marilyn Monroe); The Low Seeds Bracket (Richards #61, Ireland #48, Berry #35, and Decker #50); and the Other Bracket (Welch, Portman, ScarJo).
I give the voters big props for 9 of the picks, one baffles me, but she has solid support from somewhere....
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Look at Amy, then look at the male staffer. You tell me who was guilty of multiple errors in judgment....
And it looks like we may very well have a potential tie brewing in our one remaining Wednesday-closing poll.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Hours of daylight
8h 46m 03s
Dec 21, 2011
8h 45m 58s
Dec 22, 2011
8h 45m 58s
(the change in daylight from the 21st to the 22nd is stated as less than 1 second -- in other words, they really cannot measure it to say if it is more or less daylight)
Dec 23, 2011
8h 46m 03s
Increase in daylight
+ 05 seconds
Dec 24, 2011
8h 46m 13s
Increase in daylight --
+ 09 seconds
Monday, December 19, 2011
12/18 - 12/18
391 Likely Voters Polled
12/16 - 12/18
597 Likely Voters
If by some miracle there is a tie in time of posting, then I assign the following teams in tonight's game to the women:
Pittsburgh -- Aniston
San Fran -- Cruz.
So, here is what we will do in the event of a tie. ONCE THE VOTING IS COMPLETE (so not before the poll closes -- I know when the poll closes and your comment will have a time stamp on it -- don't jump the gun)BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT BY JUST LISTING THE NAME OF YOUR FAVORITE INTO THE COMMENT SECTION and that person will be the winner.
There may be no tie -- in that case, the one with the most votes wins. But if there is a tie, that is how it will be broken. I am not giving away my vote in a Final 10 qualifier.
Our bottom 32 have been boiled down to 8:
Denise Richards, Diane Lane, Jessica Alba, Brooklyn Decker, Kathy Ireland, Claudia Schiffer, Halle Berry and Miranda Kerr.
I have to say -- really surprised by the love for Claudia Schiffer.
The one current poll and three others I will post today are polls for spots in the Top 10 sexiest.
Friday, December 16, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Oh my lord. We haven't been better than the 7th worst team in the league for 6 seasons...
Yet despite this multitude of picks, plus aquiring two overall #2 picks for nothing (Darko and Beasley) the Wolves were the worst team in the year last year.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
As part of the deal Paul agreed to opt in for 2012-13.
Clips have Paul and Chauncey and Caron Butler and Mo Williams and Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.
Hornets have,well, the guys they just got.
Despite a 5-5 tie with Tyra Banks, since I voted for Tyra I will elimnate my vote and allow Denise to win 5-4.
As the Denise pic demonstrates, not exactly the WORST thing ever, but young Tyra fans would disagree.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Uhhhhhhhhhh........wow............Kwame Brown, 1 year $7 million. Reminds me of when Mr. Pewterschmidt on "Family Guy" placed $20,000 in a blender, blended it, and drank the result.
He noted, "I am literally going to piss away $20,000." Quagmire replied, "Are you gonna bet on the Knicks?"
Monday, December 12, 2011
1) Wolves outbid everyone by $10MM on Jose Juan Barea: "Honestly, (the decision) was not so difficult...." said Barea.
Barea supposedly had offers from New York - one for $5 million and two, the other for $9 million in three years.
2) Pacers amnestied James Posey and his $7.5 million contract. To this item the proper response is, "I wondered where the hell James Posey was toiling in obscurity."
3) Clippers win amnesty bid for Chauncey Billups -- source tells ESPN that Clippers' winning bid in waiver auction for Chauncey Billups was just over $2 million.
4) Jason Richardson stays with Orlando --
Richardson, 30, said. "There were some other teams out there, but I thought this was the best fit." The Magic also committed four years to Richardson, about 3 years too long.
5) Rip Hamilton buyout was huge -- Hamilton was due to make $19 million guaranteed over the final two years of his contract in Detroit. He was bought out for $11 million
If you are gonna pay the guy $11MM, why not just amnesty him and hope someone else picks him up? Hamilton is expected to sign with the Bulls. Um, old.
6) LeBron's Mom Can still Get Some Nice Dinners because == Delonte West's one-year deal with Dallas Mavericks is said to be for $1.18 million. West said he felt unloved by Boston and, since Akron doesn't have an NBA team, he went to Dallas....
7) Mikhail Prokhorov to run for president of Russia??? What next, Rick Perry named Wolves President of Basketball Operations -- oh wait, I think he might be....
8) Marc Gasol four years and $58MM with Grizzle. Gasol, "I can't wait to get on the court with all my teammates!" He must be married or he would be saying, "I cannot wait to get to one of the Memphis strip clubs that the police have yet to close down, right after I stop by and cash $4,000 of my signing bonus."
9) Clippers retain DeAndre Jordan -- Clippers matched DeAndre Jordan's offer sheet from GState, so they owe him four years and $43.2 million. Better hope he is Tyson Chandler and not Joel Pryzbilla. Eleven million dollars a year for a guy who will never average 13 points a game and who shoots under 50% career from the line.
10) Vince Carter -- Maverick -- a THREE YEAR DEAL!!!!!!!!!! "The deal starts at about $3 million, which was all the Mavericks had to offer under terms of the new collective-bargaining agreement. The final two years are partially guaranteed." Insert own joke here.
11) League apparently told Chauncey to stop bitching about being amnestied and to stop saying he would not report -- The NBA “is reserving all of its rights to take appropriate action against the player for his efforts to undermine the waiver process and the contractual rights of both the waiving team and any claiming team. Please also be advised that the NBA will fully support any team that claims Mr. Billups’ contract in the amnesty/waiver process and that subsequently believes it has grounds for discipline of Mr. Billups for breach of that contract.”
In other words -- we will void your ENTIRE contract if you refuse to show up after getting amnestied. Should we call it WAH-mnestied in light of all of the whining???
12) Anthony Carter signs with Toronto. I had no idea where he went after he left the Vikings
13) Bonzi Wells -- Wolf -- I had no idea that the Wolves had a 35 and over team! Good to see Bonzi alive and........well, alive...
14) Josh Howard was a Wiz last season?? I thought that after all of that time protesting the national anthem and white folks in general that he had gone on to "Occupy" some major city street. Word is he wants to sign with SA or Utah or re-sign with the Wiz. Similarly, I would like to bang either Scarlett Johansson or the 5th woman through the first revolving door I see tomorrow downtown...or just stay with my wife if she has any interest in keeping me at all.
15) Why are the Timberwolves still mentioned in the battle for Jamal Crawford? Reports like this: "a Knicks official met with Jamal Crawford -- the Knicks want him to take a $2.5 million exception." I think the Wolves can outbid the Knicks by $10MM+, just like they did for Barea.
16) From the "WTF" file -- Sam Amick: Source says former UCLA guard and 43rd pick in the draft, Malcolm Lee, has signed a 3-yr guaranteed deal with Minnesota. 3 year guaranteed deal for a second round pick????????
17) The Boston Celtics traded Big Baby Davis for Brandon Bass and THEN also acquired Chris Wilcox in a one-year deal? Are they starting a "Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane" club??? "Hey, these guys can all dunk, and they look great while doing it 3 times a week."
18) Cleveland Cavaliers guard Baron Davis may have a herniated disk in his back. WHUH!?!?!? a player with Davis's awesome work ethic and lack of injury history with a bad back??? Seems almost unthinkable!!
19) NBA lawsuit was dismissed. Another Minnesota-related item in our list of 19.
I am a big believer in giving top seeds a lot of leeway, so here is what I am gonna do. I am gonna go with the bottom 32 to play off in groups of 4 until there are 8 of them left, then I will play down from 40 to to 10, then 3, then a winner.
At every stage, I will try something to help the highest seeds, but at some point they will need to earn their keep and win their way through.
Remember, you are voting for the sexiest chick IN HER PRIME, the fact that Jane Mansfield is dead should not cause you to vote against her corpse.
So -- I gave you 61-64 and I voted for the enormous young breasts of Tyra Banks. Begin.
Anna Nicole Smith
31. Farah Fawcett
35 -- Halle Berry
51. Kim Basinger
61. Denise Richards
(that is the top 64 for tourney purposes)
71. Cheryl Tiegs
81. Clara Bow
Lily St. Cyr
91. Susan George
Why, by the by, is this just conformed as an "Offer" -- doesn't Barea HAVE to accept it? The Mavs offered him 1 year and basically nothing.
The background reason -- he speaks Spanish, as does Rubio. There are no qualified interpreters in Minneapolis? I realize that Spanish is such an unusual language that no one speaks or studies, but still......
Most similar player to J.J. Barea -- Robert Pack: http://bkref.com/tiny/MhwSp
Friday, December 09, 2011
"Since the NBA purchased the New Orleans Hornets, final responsibility for significant management decisions lies with the Commissioner's Office in consultation with team chairman Jac Sperling. All decisions are made on the basis of what is in the best interests of the Hornets. In the case of the trade proposal that was made to the Hornets for Chris Paul, we decided, free from the influence of other NBA owners, that the team was better served with Chris in a Hornets uniform than by the outcome of the terms of that trade."
Roy was a 3 time all-star and once finished 9th in MVP balloting. Foye, on the other hand, has been kicked around to awful teams and has never really done much. he has been a 5th-8th man on bad teams.
So, the Wolves lost that trade.....or did they?
Foye was traded to Washington, along with Mike Miller, for a ton of shitty players and the draft pick that became Ricky Rubio.
So, Mr. Rubio, it is up to you. 3 all-star appearances and one top 9 MVP balloting and we can say that, for once, the Wolves actually won a trade.
I am not going to bet on such performance, but wishing based upon slim hope is a time-honored tradition for Wolves fans.
Brook Lopez 7.9 6.3 5.8
Marc Gasol 87.8 8.4 7.9 6.4
Bob Rule 82.8 7.8 6.4 5.2 2.4 0.5 0.3 0.1 0.0
Don Otten 82.5 8.5 5.8 4.9 1.7
Gheorghe Muresan 78.8 8.0 5.3 4.1 1.3 0.3 -0.1
George Ratkovicz 77.1 9.3 6.0 5.2 2.8 -0.1
Joakim Noah 76.4 6.7 6.4 6.2 3.8
Mike Lewis 67.3 7.9 7.5 4.0 3.8 1.1 0.0
Andris Biedrins 66.9 8.0 6.7 5.4 2.9 2.6 1.6 1.2
Jamaal Magloire 66.0 7.6 6.7 5.7 2.6 2.0 1.3 1.1 0.6 0.6 0.3 -0.6
Ralph Sampson 65.9 6.2 6.0 5.0 2.2 1.1 0.6 -0.2 -0.3 -0.6
So, yeah, not exactly getting value for Dwight Howard.
Lopez at over 7 feet tall averaged 6 rebounds a game while playing 35 minutes a game last year. Of 7" players who have averaged 30 mpg in a season, there are only 5 guys who have ever failed to get at least 6.3 rebounds a game -- http://bkref.com/tiny/b52cr
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Instead, what I am forced to tell you today is that the Pistons re-signed Prince to this ridiculous deal: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/12/8/2621208/tayshaun-prince-detroit-pistons-nba-rumors-free-agency
NATIONAL (Fairleigh Dickinson): Gingrich 36, Romney 23, Cain 8, Perry 6, Bachmann 4, Paul 4, Santorum 3, Huntsman 2
NATIONAL (Gallup): Gingrich 36, Romney 23, Paul 9, Bachmann 6, Perry 6, Santorum 3, Huntsman 1
The lesson -- if you love illegal immigrant amnesty and divorcing your cancer-stricken wife, you are a good choice for nominee of the "law and order" and "moral values" party.
NATIONAL (YouGov/Economist): Gingrich 31, Romney 15, Paul 11, Perry 9, Santorum 7, Bachmann 6, Huntsman 6, Johnson 2
IOWA (CNN/Time): Gingrich 33, Romney 20, Paul 17, Perry 9, Bachmann 7, Santorum 5, Huntsman 1
FLORIDA (CNN/Time): Gingrich 48, Romney 25, Paul 5, Bachmann 3, Huntsman 3, Perry 3, Santorum 1
NEW HAMPSHIRE (CNN/Time): Romney 35, Gingrich 26, Paul 17, Huntsman 8, Bachmann 3, Perry 2, Santorum 2
SOUTH CAROLINA (CNN/Time): Gingrich 43, Romney 20, Perry 8, Bachmann 6, Paul 6, Santorum 4, Huntsman 1
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Monday, December 05, 2011
Sunday, December 04, 2011
"Things That Are Suspended"
salt in water
a misbehaving student
a fireman's red pants
Nope, still don't know -- pass! Time is up.
Dick Clark, "Oh! Too bad! You should have said Herman Cain's Campaign"
OH!!!! Things that are suspended.
Friday, December 02, 2011
Thursday, December 01, 2011
Being a very naive young man, I was astounded that this practice was so rampant and that it was not used to campaign against these guys. I went so far as to ask, "why doesn't the other side bring this up?". Answer - "they let us slide, we let them slide.". Well, in 1988 Gary Hart made the mistake of daring the media to follow him around to see if he was banging anyone. He was - Donna Rice. He was urged to stay in the race. He did not. In 1992 Clinton has Jennifer Flowers, but he stayed in, claimed it was in the past, and won.
The GOP hated Clinton - a hard personal hatred - so they pursued his personal life until they found that he hit on the hideous Paula Jones and got blown by the chubby Monica Lewinski. He was impeached, basically, for being a good deposition witness. I have deposed 50 guys who were way more guilty o perjury than Bill Clinton.
Of course the pursuit Bill Clinton was VERY inconsistent with the unspoken "let it slide" rule that applied 1985 and before. So long as the chick you were doing wasn't stripping in the reflecting pool on the National Mall while u were going at it, no one talked.
Oh, but Clinton changed that forever. When Clinton got hit, w then saw Hyde and Gingrich and Livingston all resigning. And we now have a de facto requirement that the President shouldn't have "bimbo eruption" problems.
Against this background, it it unfathomable for me to hear Herman Cain' attorney saying that his client's sex life is nobody's business.
There was an article written once on how the best recent Presidents were the least faithful ones. Our most faithful President - Jimmy Carter, probably the 2nd worst. Does anyone thing GW Bish was banging anyone? He wa pobably the worst. Be that as it may, the new requirement is "keep it in your pants or we are telling". Herman Cain is failing.