Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ozzie -- 5 Game Suspension

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-ozzie-guillen-20120410,0,146145.story

Noted Ozzie in his apology:

-- "Fuck, 5 games? I can do that standing on my head. Boy Marlins management are a bunch of pussies."

-- "Cuban exiles? Shit if they were any good at anything, Castro would have kept them around."

-- "I guess I have to say I am sorry. I am not sure for what, but these are the words they told me to read."

-- "I am sorry that I won't get some miniscule portion of my pay just because like 20% of the population was offended by comments."

-- "What about the people who LOVE Castro and hate Cuban-Americans? Aren't THEY entitled to representation?"

-- "It is not like I said I love Hitler. I mean, I know how touchy the damn Jews are about that guy."

-- "Mussolini made the trains run on time. Hitler briefly revived the economy, and Castro lived a long time. All true statements. It isn't like I said that blacks are inferior to whites or anything like that. But I will if it will get me even one more hour of publicity."

Sportwriters everywhere jumped to Ozzie's defense, claiming his 1st Amendment rights protected him from any punishment whatsoever.

No comments: