So, I thought, I know Jordan and LeBron are ##1 and 2 overall in career PER, so is it really that accurate of a tool to judge player greatness?
Turns out.............no. Guys with their all-time rank in PER:
6. Dwyane Wade - great player, not the 6th best player of all-time.
7. Chris Paul - same
10. Neil Johnston* - quick, tell me who Neil Johnston is....22. Yao Ming -
25. Dwight Howard26. Amare Stoudemire - some would say he is not a top 26 player in th eleague right now.
27. Tracy McGrady - 0 playoff series victories
30. Pau Gasol - hey, Laker fans, is Gasol the 30th best player in the history of the game?
33. Bob Lanier* - loved Buffalo Bob, not a top 33 player34. Clyde Lovellette*
36. Adrian Dantley*
37. Harry Gallatin* - I do not know who harry Gallatin is/was41. Elton Brand
48. Chris Bosh
49. John Drew - really, John Drew? top 50 all-time? This astounds me.