Monday, October 01, 2012

Mitt Romney's Greatest Hits

On going after Osama bin Laden: "It's not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person."

Trying to connect with African-American youth: "Who let the dogs out?"

 Housing plan: "Don't try and stop the foreclosure process. Let it run its course and hit the bottom, allow investors to buy up homes, put renters in them, fix the homes up, and let it turn around and come back up."

Romney's message to troops during his convention speech: "_______"

What he told his lawn care company on hiring undocumented workers: "I'm running for office, for Pete's sake, I can't have illegals."


Explaining why he declined cookies made especially for him by a local bakery: "I'm not sure about these cookies. They don't look like you made them. Did you make those cookies? You didn't, did you? No. No. They came from the local 7-Eleven bakery or wherever."


On whether he stands by what he said: "I'm not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was."


Why he loves Michigan: "The trees are the right height."


What he wanted to do to its biggest city: "Let Detroit go bankrupt."

Corporations: "Corporations are people, my friend."


Mocking NASCAR fans for wearing ponchos in the rain: "I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks."

Business practices: "I like to fire people."

Friendly bets:  "Rick, I'll-- I'll tell you what. (CHUCKLE) 10,000 bucks. $10,000 bet?"


Poor people wanting food: "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what [...] who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it."


On helping everyone:: "My job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."


Airplanes having windows:  "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no — and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous."


On cops, firefighters and teachers: "He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people."

Funny family story about his dad: "One of most humorous I think relates to my father ... he decided to close the factory in Michigan and move all the production to Wisconsin. Now later he decided to run for governor of Michigan and so you can imagine that having closed the factory and moved all the production to Wisconsin was a very sensitive issue to him, for his campaign."

No comments: