Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ObamaCare at Over 106,000 Paid sign-ups, Plus hundreds of thousands more in Medicaid enrollment

The classic 'Ha ha, only 6 people signed up" line of the GOP will have to wait for another day.  Counting Medicaid expansion, over 500,000 people have been helped already by this law.  millions more will follow.

I get a kick out of the GOP hearings on why the Web site doesn't work -- isn't this akin to me holding hearings on why someone hasn't shot me or one of my family members?  "What the fuck is wrong with you people!?!?  You told me I would be shot TODAY and yet, here I am still, unharmed."  If something you HATE and want REPEALED isn't working, wouldn't the proper response be to do nothing and hope that it never works?  Another analogy:  "Hey, opposing basketball coach, why are you not lining up your team properly against my zone press?  I am offended.  I want answers."  Don't you, instead, just keep your mouth shut and hope the guy never figures it out?

And at the end of the day,  what exactly is the GOP "win" here if the system fails?  "YES!  YES!!  More people will have no health coverage and will be more unhealthy and go to the emergency room more!!   Yes!!'     Is this really a winning campaign point?

Mary Landrieu has introduced a Senate bill, by the by, that would let people with horseshit non-insurance policies that are non-compliant with ObamaCare keep those policies so long as their insurance company offers them under the same exact criteria.  The Republican response -- we will filibuster that bill.

No comments: