Tuesday, September 02, 2014

The Simpsons - Every Simpsons Ever

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/2/6098061/the-simpsons-is-still-pretty-good

"Still pretty good" - well, I am up to about season 17 in the "tape several a day" mode (I have 40 on the DVR right now).  There is a HUGE drop off after the first 10 seasons.  There are some bits of gold, but it is like comparing Ray Allen 2010-2014 with Ray Allen 1997-2002.  I mean, you still enjoy watching, and sometimes you marvel at what occurs, but if you judged the show on years 11-17, you would never consider it an all-time great.

But the early years, oh boy.  Great, great stuff, the likes of which we will likely never see again. 

I have made a commitment to myself that I will try to watch 80-90% of Season 25, just so I can give a fair shake to the newest episodes and not miss any improvement I may see.

No comments: