Goran Dragic to the Miami Heat from the Denver Nuggets in a three-team deal:
- Miami gets: Goran Dragic, Zoran Dragic
- Phoenix gets: Â Danny Granger, Justin Hamilton, John Salmons, two 1st-round picks
- New Orleans gets: Norris Cole (per ESPN), Shawne Williams (per Woj)
Winner -- Miami, if it can re-sign Dragic, has gone from one of the worst PG situations in the league to top 10. I don't know how Wade will adapt to a good PG, but Miami at least didn't stand pat and just let the roster die out.
Phoenix -- got two #1s for a guy who wasn't going to stay, so they also did well, but their decision to sign a third PG in the off season (Isaiah Thomas, see below) caused all of this unnecessary drama in the first place -- so, B
New Orleans -- I guess they figured that since Jrue Holiday is completely unable to get healthy that they needed someone. Cole sucks -- yet another guy who rode LeBron James to an OK career before being exposed. C minus.
Enes Kanter to the Oklahoma City Thunder, Reggie Jackson to the Detroit Pistons in a three-team deal:
- Oklahoma City gets: Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler, D.J. Augustin, Steve Novak
- Utah gets: Kendrick Perkins, Grant Jerrett, protected future Oklahoma City 1st-round pick, Detroit 2nd-round pick, rights to Tibor Pleiss (per ESPN)
- Detroit gets: Reggie Jackson
Winner -- Detroit. I think Reggie Jackson can be a really good player, and they gave up bench shit that no one should ever want. Grade - B plus
OKC -- I don't see Kanter as a big upgrade from Stephen Adams. But Adams has a broken hand, so the Thunder are desperate. Adams will eventually return, but the difference between Kanter and Adams is not noticeable against better opponents. So they basically got a good 24 minute center for a terrible player (Perkins) and a guy I like (Jackson), oh, and a low #1 -- so, C minus.
Utah -- no fucking idea what they are doing here. Take a guy who plays for you and get one of the worst players in the league (Perkins), a low #1, and.......Tibor Pleiss??? Maybe Pleiss is the new Marc Gasol, but if not then the Jazz gets an F.
The Suns, Sixers, Bucks, and Celtics engage in a massive four-team trade:
- Phoenix gets: Brandon Knight, Marcus Thornton, Cleveland's 2016 1st-round pick (per Woj)
- Philadelphia gets: Los Angeles Lakers 2015 1st-round pick (top-five protected)
- Milwaukee gets: Michael Carter-Williams, Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis
- Boston gets: Isaiah Thomas
Winner -- Phoenix -- they get the deal's best player (Knight) and a #1 and give up a guy they should have never signed in Thomas (good player, but effed up their chemistry really badly). Grade A minus
Philly - got what could be a really high #1....or a really awful 1. Grade B
Milwaukee - Why would you get Ennis AND MCW? MCW is only effective at 35+ MPG. High usage, low percentage shooter. Plumlee was great for one year in Phoenix, then they dump him? Bucks Grade -- B minus
Boston -- Thomas is a good player. No one wants Marcus Thornton. He defines "one-dimensional". Grade C
Arron Afflalo to the Portland Trail Blazers from the Denver Nuggets:
- Portland gets: Arron Afflalo, Alonzo Gee
- Denver gets: Will Barton, Victor Claver, Thomas Robinson, lottery-protected 2016 1st-round pick
Winner -- none. Denver gets a low #1, Portland gets a couple guys who won't make them appreciably better. Both teams get a C.
- Minnesota gets: Kevin Garnett
- Brooklyn gets: Thaddeus Young
Wolves -- Odd, odd deal. A desperate effort for a veteran leader and a name to sell tickets. Management will always take the easy path, never acknowledging that the way to draw a crowd is to become a consistent winner. Grade C minus (Young is so awful defensively, he really isn't a guy you can play 24+ minutes, and he was going to leave anyway).
- Detroit gets: Tayshaun Prince
- Boston gets: Jonas Jerebko, Gigi Datome
Um, no winner here. Old washed up guy for a young never-will-be guy. Both teams get a D.
JaVale McGee to the Philadelphia 76ers from the Denver Nuggets:
- Philadelphia gets: JaVale McGee, Oklahoma City Thunder's 2015 1st-round pick (top-18 protected),Â Chu Chu Maduabum
- Denver gets: Cenk Akyol
Denver got itself into a Wolvesian situation where it was paying a #1 to dump a guy (ala Wes Johnson to Phoenix). How do you ever become that desperate? Cut the frigging guy (ala Josh Smith). Grade D.
- Houston gets: K.J. McDaniels
- Philadelphia gets: Isaiah Canaan, 2nd-round pick
Philly -- they put together an awful, awful team and guys like McDaniels refuse to quit and play hard enough to win way more games than I predicted (I said 6-76). The reward? Your walking papers....for nothing. If you didn't want the guy, just let him ride out the season and leave with a good feeling. Grade F
- Washington gets: Ramon Sessions
- Sacramento gets: Andre Miller
Wiz -- got Miller off their asses. Sessions sucks. Grade D. (Hoping for addition by subtraction).
Pablo Prigioni to the Houston Rockets from the New York Knicks:
- Rockets get: Pablo Prigioni
- Knicks get: Alexey Shved, two 2nd-round picks
Knicks -- Phil loves big point guards who can defend and stand around and hit an open three (Ron Harper, Brian Shaw). But acquiring Shved is like saying "I like tall divas who dress up a lot and wear a lot of makeup" and getting RuPaul. Technically meets the criteria, but......